We have updated our Privacy Notice in line with the new data protection regulations (GDPR) which came into effect on 25th May 2018.
In light of these changes, we have made some updates to our Privacy Notice. These changes relate to personal data processed by Russell Scott Hostels/Backpackers when we are providing accommodation services to you.
Don’t worry, other than reading the information, there isn’t anything you need to do.
Here at Russell Scott Hostels/Backpackers we understand that customers care about the use and storage of their personal information and we value your trust in allowing us to do this in a careful and sensible manner. We have created this privacy notice in order to demonstrate our commitment to the privacy of our customers.
What information we collect
When you book a room or bed with us, we’ll collect some of your personal information, to honour your booking and services with us. We use this information for administration and honouring your booking / room / bed you have asked for.
The type of personal information we will collect are:
Date of birth
Why do we need this information?
The information requested during this process is required to complete the sale of the room(s)/ bed(s) or services that form part of your booking with us. We use the information we collect in a variety of ways in providing the service and operating our business, including the following:
- We use the information provided along with the requested service information to supply you with the accommodation and receipts/invoices/ emails.
- We use the information that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to you as a customer.
- We use the information that we collect to understand and analyse the usage trends and preferences of our customers to improve our service.
- We may use your email address or other information we collect (i) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, or (ii) to send communications, including updates relating to products and services.
How long do we keep this data?
We will retain this personal information about you for as long as you are a customer and a further three years thereafter, or until we are advised that you wish for your personal information to be removed(see your rights, below). We will also remove your information if you request this.
Under Data Protection law you have rights related to how we protect and look after your personal information
You have the right to ask us for your personal information that we hold and process about you. This is known as a subject access request.
You can also ask:
that any inaccurate information we hold about you is corrected;
- that we delete information about you in certain situations;
- that we stop using your personal information for certain purposes;
- that personal information you have given us be provided to you in a common machine readable format.
The rights set out above may apply in limited circumstances, and we may not always be able to comply with your request to exercise these rights. We will always try to respond to a request to exercise your rights within 1 month.
If you are unhappy with the way we handle your personal information, please contact us at the address below. We will try to address your concerns.